Some skin disorders can be quick and easy to treat, while others are chronic and more difficult to treat.
Our dermatologists work closely with you to understand how your skin condition is affecting you and consult with your general practitioner (GP) and a multidisciplinary team to diagnose, treat and manage your skin disorder.
Our dermatology services
While most skin problems can be managed by a GP, you may be referred to a dermatologist for a diagnosis and to assist with treatment.
Our dermatologists are qualified doctors who have a specific training and experience in the management of skin disorders. Many of our dermatologists also have a further sub-specialty, for example, skin cancer, cosmetic or laser dermatology, or paediatric dermatology.
Conditions that may require treatment by a dermatologist include:
- skin cancers and abnormal mole
- skin infections (e.g. warts)
We provide consultations while you are in hospital and you can access follow up care with our specialists in their private rooms.
Benefits of our dermatology services
Our dermatology services can assist and benefit you in a number of ways:
- diagnosis and treatment of skin disorders, including less common conditions
- a patient-centred approach to diagnosis and management
- a holistic approach that includes coordinating with your GP and providing access to allied health professionals where needed
- a focus on educating patients to understand their condition.
These benefits depend on your particular circumstances and require you to fully participate in necessary before and after care and management. You should consult a specialist in this area before deciding whether treatment is suitable for you.