- For medical professionals
- Junior doctor careers
Junior doctor careers
St John of God Health Care has designed exciting new junior doctor programs across the organisation's Perth hospitals that will provide outstanding teaching, training and experiences. Find out more about our junior doctor careers.
Your future at Mt Lawley Hospital
St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital provides an ideal environment to grow as a junior doctor in a boutique hospital environment located in the inner city area.
Our education programs are all about you – your interests, your wellbeing, your future.
When you train at SJOG Mt Lawley Hospital you are welcomed into a tight-knit community where you will have support and access to all levels of hospital and medical leadership.
Western Australia’s leading medical professionals in rehabilitation and geriatrics practice at our hospital and are available to offer invaluable advice and professional networks.
What’s on offer?
Positive work environment
- Rostering for a comfortable work-life balance
- Supported annual and professional development leave including time for exam preparation
- Friendly close-knit teams in a supportive learning environment
Excellent education and professional development
- Daily one-on-one supervision from a registrar and consultant
- Weekly protected teaching and unit tutorials
- Fortnightly journal clubs and grand rounds
- Fully-funded Advanced Life Support 2 course
- Opportunity to undertake advanced rehabilitation training through Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine
Meaningful opportunities for research
- Many of our junior doctors engage in research and achieve peer-reviewed publication.
The Hospital has a dedicated research lead who will mentor and guide all doctors to seek peer-reviewed publications in the form of studies and case studies.
Hospital specific opportunities
- Specialised medical areas including Rehabilitation and Geriatrics
- Opportunity to gain exposure to obstetrics, surgery and medicine through the acute medical on-call roster.
- Experience in both Private and Public service delivery at the one site
- Potential opportunity to participate in the delivery of outpatient services and surgical services.
For more information
Contact our Medical Education Officer, Director of Postgraduate Medical Education or Director of Medical Services for information on our current employment opportunities for junior doctors.
Medical Education Officer
Ph: (08) 9370 9294
Director of Postgraduate Medical Education
Dr Ian Wilson
Ph: (08) 9370 9269
Director of Medical Services
Dr George Eskander
Ph: (08) 9370 9921