Graduate nursing jobs
Graduate nurses and midwives can expect a rewarding and varied first year of practice with St John of God Health Care.
Our hospitals offer graduate nurses and midwives in Western Australia, Victoria and New South Wales a range of exciting learning opportunities within a supportive environment.
Why start your career with St John of God Health Care?
Our National Graduate Nursing Program and National Graduate Midwife Program aims to give you as a first year nurse the ability to be able to:
- Deliver safe, quality patient care in line with National Standards and nursing standards for practice and policy
- Be agile, confident, self-aware and resilient caregivers
- Display professional behaviours in line with St John of God Health Care Mission and Values
What’s on offer
- First year nursing, midwifery and mental health job opportunities with one of Australia’s largest healthcare providers
- National graduate nurse and midwife programs using virtual classrooms allowing you access to online learning resources from anywhere and engage with other graduates across multiple hospitals
- A range of clinical rotations within a 12 month program
- Small group coaching sessions
- Diverse pathways to practice – including maternity, emergency departments, paediatrics, mental health and medical and surgical specialties
- A comprehensive orientation program followed by ongoing academic and clinical support with links to nursing research
Benefits to participants
- A variety of exciting and innovative learning opportunities
- Employee benefits, including salary packaging
- Excellent exposure to a range to specialties
- Opportunity to participate in nursing and midwifery research
These are just some of the many benefits to participants in our graduate program.
Application have now closed for Victoria and Western Australia.
Applications open for New South Wales on the 23 August 2020.
Register your interest online to be kept up to date regarding future application intakes.
Register your interest for updates
Please register your interest to hear more about our graduate programs, including key dates for application intakes.
Register your interest online to hear more about our graduate programs, including key dates for application intakes.
You will then receive further information and updates on our program recruitment via email.
The St John of God Health Care Graduate Nursing Program offers a range of job opportunities across a number of our WA, NSW and Victorian hospitals. If your application to the program is successful we will ask you to nominate your hospital preference.
All applications will be assessed and successful candidates shortlisted. These candidates will then be asked to complete an online video selection interview.
Graduate nurses who are successful in this video interview will then attend a face to face interview at one of the St John of God Health Care hospital's offering graduate nursing positions.