The main focus of the project must be on one or more of the following:
- physical wellbeing
- mental wellbeing
- youth wellbeing
Grants range from $500 to $2,500. You can only apply for one grant in any single round of funding.
Applications for 2016 grants are now closed.
What kind of organisations do you support?
We support a range of organisations which are not for profit and based in the communities served by hospital including:
- City of Swan
- Town of Bassendean
- Shires of Mundaring
How do you assess the applications?
A panel of judges which features St John of God Midland Private Hospital caregivers and a community representative assess each application using a judging matrix. The panel considers the aims of the project, the number of people who will benefit and the wider community benefits.
What happens if my application is successful?
We will notify you if your application is successful once judging is completed to make arrangements to provide the funding.
What happens if my application is unsuccessful?
Due to the volume of applications, it is not possible to reply to each organisation. The decisions made by our judging panel are solely at the hospital’s discretion, however, we may give you feedback to assist with future applications.
What are the conditions of acceptance?
We may ask you to take part in some publicity, most likely when the funding has been used to purchase services or equipment.
Successful organisations need to provide feedback to show the grant has been spent appropriately. This evidence can be provided in many ways which will be discussed in more detail if your application is successful, but might include a report, copies of receipts or photographs.
Are there any proposals unable to be supported?
The following types of funding are outside the scope of the grants:
- any activity that does not meet one of the focus areas above
- any activity which does not occur in City of Swan, Mundaring, Kalamunda, Bassendean, Northam, Toodyay and York and is not of direct benefit to these communities
- funding greater than $2,500
- funding for profit organisations
- grants to schools or councils, except for outreach programs (please contact us to discuss prior to submitting an application)
- assistance for individuals, including medical and study costs
- travel and tours
- research funding
- assistance with purchase of vehicles, land or buildings
- major capital projects such as building refurbishments
- retrospective costs
- everyday operating expenses
- religious, political or lobby purposes
- fundraising projects.
How do I find out more?
Tel: (08) 9462 4885