- Working with us
Our volunteer program promotes community involvement and our volunteers make a significant contribution to our hospital.
Working in a variety of roles, some of our volunteer tasks include:
- information guide
- hospitality volunteers – e.g. visiting patients and having a chat
- assembling clinical packs
- participating in Palliative Paws Program
- Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) – regularly visiting a socially isolated resident living in an aged care facility
- assisting at Friends of St John of God gift shop
- dementia companion – providing companionship to patients who have been admitted to the hospital and have a diagnosis of dementia, supporting them with conversation and reassurance.
Benefits of becoming a volunteer
Being part of the volunteer program gives you the satisfaction of helping and caring for patients and knowing that they appreciate your service.
Volunteers tend to develop social and lasting relationships during their service at the hospital.
We provide the opportunity for all volunteers to meet and socialise at quarterly meetings and other functions throughout the year and continually recognise the important service they provide.
To apply for a volunteer position you will need to provide the following:
- contact details for two referees
- completed Volunteer Application Form.
Attendance at a hospital orientation day is compulsory. These days are held every six weeks on a Monday. Morning tea and lunch are provided.
For more information
Sue Demarte – Coordinator Volunteer Services
Tel: (08) 9722 1694