Rules of engagement
Our social media channels are intended to be a forum to share ideas and opinions. We monitor interactions with our social media channels and welcome suggestions and feedback. We aim to respond to comments within a reasonable time frame.
We encourage two-way conversation via social media with a few simple rules:
- we reserve the right to address factual errors.
- we will reply to comments when appropriate.
- posts that contain personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers and physical addresses that do not belong to the author of the post will be deleted.
- you may not post anything that is spam or that is abusive, profane, or defamatory toward a person, entity, belief, or symbol.
- posts, comments or messages that are not aligned to our Values may be deleted.
- while we support lively, open discussion, we reserve the right to delete comments at our discretion.
Content submitted by you
Our social media channels may allow you to post or upload comments, information, links, photos, videos, or other materials (collectively “Content”). By posting any Content, you grant to St John of God Health Care and those working for it or on its behalf (“we” or “us”) a non-exclusive, non-revocable, worldwide, perpetual right to use your Content in any manner or media now or later known including, without limitation, the right to sublicense and assign and commercialise the Content without any compensation to you. You understand and agree that your Content is not confidential or proprietary.
You may not post any Content that is:
- abusive, profane, or defamatory toward a person, entity, belief, or symbol
- fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading
- in violation of a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of another
- invasive of privacy or publicity rights, or any other legal rights of others
- advertising or otherwise commercial in nature
- illegal, or otherwise objectionable to us.
Please note that any Content shared or ‘liked’ by St John of God Health Care does not amount to an endorsement or agreement with a statement.
You acknowledge and agree that we have the absolute right (but not the obligation) to monitor Content posted to the Page in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to alter, edit, refuse to post or remove any Content, in whole or in part, for any reason or for no reason, including, without limitation, if we believe that the Content falls into any of the categories described above – even if you disagree. We do not have any obligation to use or respond to any Content.
You shall indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to all claims resulting from Content you supply.
Content submitted by others
St John of God Health Care has no obligation to review the Content posted by users accessing its social media channels, and is not in any manner responsible for such Content.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of Content, including without limitation any statement or product claims made in the Content.
- We do not endorse any opinions expressed on our social media channels.
- We cannot ensure that Content that is harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful, in violation of these Rules of Engagement, or otherwise objectionable will not appear on our social media channels.
You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to access and view Content via our social media channels, we are merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and are not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any Content or activities of users. You acknowledge and agree that the information, materials and opinions expressed or included in any Content are not ours and may not be the same as ours. Any use of any Content via social media will be at your own risk.