Ferns Community Mental Health Service
The service is provided by St John of God Social Outreach and reflects our commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of those in the communities we serve.
Our core service, based in Fremantle, offers professional, reliable, evidence based help for people with mental health issues.
We also work with other services in the community:
- providing a mental health service, accessible via GP referral, for residents in the Peel region at the Mandurah Consulting Suites
- providing a supportive transitional referral service between Fremantle Hospital Mental Health Service, the GP and our therapeutic support in the community
- facilitating access to counselling for clients of the Ottey Family and Neighbourhood Centre with an informal place-based service and referral pathway
- assisting adults experiencing mental health issues through the professional lead support group Bluebird.
Our clinicians come from a range of backgrounds and experiences including clinical psychology and social work and are professionally registered.
We offer psychological therapies, counselling and psycho-education for people experiencing depression and anxiety, grief and loss, trauma and other problems affecting mental and emotional wellbeing.
These problems can be expressed in a variety of ways, for example:
- panic attacks, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorders
- being stressed, unable to cope
- having feelings of sadness, remorse, anger or guilt
- difficulty in relationships or dealing with family conflict.
You can be referred to our service by your general practitioner (GP) usually with a Mental Health Care Plan. We take referrals for clients from low income households or clients on a pension or support payment. We will endeavour to see you within two weeks of your referral being accepted, however in busy periods you might be placed on a waiting list.
If we cannot provide the support you need, we will support you by identifying a service that can.
Please note that we do not provide crisis or emergency services.
Our services are provided under Medicare bulk billing for free or at low cost based on your family income.
160 High Street, Fremantle
Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday
8:30am to 8:00pm Tuesday and Thursday
*by appointment only
117 Anstruther Street, Mandurah
Hours: 8:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Wednesday
*by appointment only
Address: 160 High Street, Fremantle 6160
Tel: (08) 6226 9400
Fax: (08) 6226 9488
You may be interested in