Pain and palliative care medicine
“Pain and Palliative Care Medicine” looks into innovative research and developments in two very common areas of general practice.
- Getting advance care planning right - Research results drive clinical change in WA hospitals presented by Dr Derek Eng
- Research Update: Antioxidants and the Management of Migraine presented by Professor Eric Visser
- One for the Road: Opioid Prescribing for Discharge presented by Acute Pain Service Nurse Practitioner Jill Kelly
- Outline the Goals of Care project sweeping through WA Health
- Describe how to engage in conversations with patients about realistic medical management goals.
- Outline a systematic approach to management of patients with migraine.
- Describe appropriate prescription of opioids for patients discharged from a surgical ward.
Date: Tuesday 21 August 2018
Time: 6.30pm registration and refreshments, 7.00pm presentations
Venue: St John of God Subiaco Hospital, Conference Centre Auditorium, 25 McCourt Street, Subiaco
Parking: Please bring your hospital parking ticket to registration to receive a free exit pass.
This session entitles you to receive 4 (CAT 2) CPD points as endorsed by the RACGP.
To secure your place for this free event please complete our online registration form