We understand that many parents would like to welcome their baby with the premium obstetric care, safety, comfort and luxuries a private hospital offers, but cost can sometimes stand in the way.
The Joy maternity package offers you all of this for only $990.*
The Joy of private maternity care
When you choose Joy maternity care you are cared for by a team of highly qualified professionals, rather than one single obstetrician.
You will see the Joy obstetrician on duty and a midwife at all of your antenatal appointments and at the birth.
This team care approach enables us to keep our fees as low as possible for you.
When you choose Joy, will still receive the same premium hospital experience you expect as a private hospital patient, including a private room where your partner can stay with you at no extra cost and a longer hospital stay.
The Joy of knowing what's included
What a Joy! The one-off fee of $990* includes:
- your antenatal appointments at the Joy clinic with the on-duty obstetrician and midwife
- bulk billed blood tests
- pregnancy education classes to prepare you for birth
- vaginal or caesarean births
- a three-night private hospital stay including bedding for your partner
- education workshops - including paediatric first aid and sleep/settling
- post birth support - with midwives, lactation consultant and physiotherapy
- a midwife follow up appointment three weeks after birth to discuss how you are going at home.
*$990 out-of-pocket fees: Private health insurance with obstetric cover and Medicare required. Contact your insurer regarding excess or co-payments. You will be charged one pregnancy and management fee of $1,312 at 28 weeks gestation. Medicare will provide you a $322 rebate, leaving you only $990 out of pocket. Extra charges may apply as care is based on the needs of the individual, including ultrasounds, paediatric care, anesthetist, obstetric ultrasounds and other specialists. These costs will be discussed at your first consultation or by calling 8784 5800.
Am I eligible for Joy?
You may be eligible for Joy if you:
- are pregnant (up to 36 weeks)
- have private health insurance with obstetric cover with Medicare
- would like to experience a shared care approach with midwives and obstetricians working together.
Not all pregnancies are the same and you may require or want an extra level of care. Medium to high-risk pregnancies, including if you are expecting twins, need an additional level of care and are best managed by a dedicated consultant obstetrician. Please contact us to find out more about eligibility requirements.
To take the step to experience Joy, you will need a GP referral.
Ask your GP for a referral to any of our obstetricians to access the Joy clinic.
You can also:
Take a maternity tour or call our Joy midwives for more information:
Tel: (03) 8784 5800
Interested in our maternity services?
You may be interested in