We warmly welcome veterans at St John of God Bendigo Hospital
We are committed to giving you the highest standard of professional care.
The hospital holds a Tier 1 classification with the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). This agreement allows doctors to admit veterans and war widow/widower patients seamlessly.
Eligible veterans are those holding a Gold Card or those with a White Card seeking treatment for accepted disabilities.
Veterans who choose our hospital will have access to:
- first class contemporary accommodation, usually in single en-suite rooms
- emotional, spiritual and cultural support from our pastoral services team
- designated parking for veterans
- support from our Veterans Liaison Officer
- a free daily newspaper
- spouse support including counselling
- visits by Bendigo District RSL Hospital Visiting Officer
- a complimentary welcome pack.
For more information
For any questions relating to veterans’ affairs, contact our hospital on:
Tel: (03) 5434 3434
Alternatively, you can contact our hospital’s DVA Coordinator directly:
Tel: 0448 402 658
For DVA discharge planning, our Discharge Planning Team can assist, please contact:
Tel: (03) 5434 3470