Reconciliation action - opportunities
We recognise the Gospel call to Justice by enshrining it as one of our Values. Justice, understood as balanced and fair relationships, underpins our organisational commitment to Reconciliation.
The employment of more Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in St John of God Health Care will bring a richness of understanding, knowledge and diversity to our culture.
- Investigate opportunities to improve and increase Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment outcomes within our workplace
- Increase Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander supplier diversity
- Investigate opportunities to create partnerships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in the area of:
- Mental health
- Intellectual disability
- Develop an Aboriginal Health Institute at St John of God Midland Public Hospital which incorporates the ‘Going Beyond Together’ initiative
To ensure we undertake our actions, we will:
- Report our Reconciliation Action Plan achievements, challenges and learning to Reconciliation Australia
- Report internally and externally our Reconciliation Action Plan achievements, challenges and learning
- Review, refresh and update the Reconciliation Action Plan
You may be interested in