Our Trustees have overall responsibility for St John of God
Health Care. They bring a wealth of skills and experience, and
exercise a range of authorities, including the appointment and
evaluation of Governing Board members and ensuring that our
ministry remains faithful to its role within the Catholic
The Trustees meet 11 times a year.
Mr Clive Macknay - BCom, CA,
CPA - Appointed Chairman February
Trustee since April 2009
- Early career with international accounting firm in Perth,
London and Singapore.
- Extensive business
experience during 30 years as director and senior partner of a
Perth-based accounting and financial services practice.
association with St John of God Health Care: inaugural Governing
Board member in 1990 and Chair from December 1999 until December
Don Good - FCA, BCom
Appointed January 2000
- Chartered Accountant with international accounting firm in
Perth and Sydney.
- Joined St John of God Subiaco Hospital as their accountant
before becoming St John of God Health Care’s first National
Director of Finance.
- One of the first lay people to be appointed as a Trustee.
- Director of HESTA Superannuation Fund from 1989 to 2010,
and past Chairman.
- Governor and Director of the University of Notre Dame Australia
and Financial Consultant to the Sisters of St John of God.
Sr Isobel Moran - SJG, BSc(Hons), MB,
BCh, BAO, FRACP
Appointed September 1996
- Qualified and practised both as nurse and
- Clinical and religious vocation took her to
Ireland, Hong Kong and Pakistan.
- Special interest in the treatment and
research of tuberculosis.
- Experienced in leadership and governance in
Catholic health care both within St John of God Health Care and in
Catholic health services in general.
- Participated in the establishment of Catholic
Health Australia, Australia’s peak Catholic health care body, and
remains committed to providing her skills, experience and
enthusiasm to further the healing mission of Jesus Christ.
Rev Dr Joseph Parkinson - STL PhD
Appointed October 2009
- Director of the LJ Goody Bioethics Centre in
WA and a regular contributor to public conversations on ethical
issues in health care and related fields.
- Graduated in Moral Theology from the
Alphonsian Academy in Rome and the University of Notre Dame
Australia before holding a series of pastoral and academic
positions in the Archdiocese of Perth.
- Current memberships: Department of Health WA
Reproductive Technology Council, Clinical Ethics Consultancy of the
Women and Children’s Health Services WA, and St John of God Health
Care Ethics Committee.
Ms Eva Skira - BA, MBA, FAICD, FAIM, SNR FFSIA -
Appointed Deputy Chairperson January 2013
Appointed February 2012
- Appointed Deputy Chairperson from 1 January 2013 and Chairman
Elect for a two year period from 1 January 2014.
- Career in commerce and financial markets, gaining her MBA from
the renowned IMD International in Switzerland.
- Executive positions at Commonwealth Bank and Barclays de Zoete
Wedd, followed by consulting in business, project management
and strategic advice.
- Non-executive directorships on governance, regulatory and
advisory boards in business, government, education and the
- St John of God Health Care Board Member since 1999 and Deputy
Chairperson since 2008.
- Currently Deputy Chancellor Murdoch University, Chairperson
Water Corporation, Director Macmahon and MDA National Insurance
Mrs Therese Temby - BSc, Grad Dip Educ, Grad Dip
Appointed October 2004
- Began her career as a secondary school
teacher in Western Australia, first in Government schools and then
in the Catholic education system.
- Contributed to state and national educational
organisations through board membership and committee
- Appointments: former include Director of
Catholic Education WA (10 years), Chair of the Curriculum Council
of WA; and current include Chair of the National Catholic Education